Background

Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

When to wear maternity clothes??

Yes, I have bought maternity clothes. I took the gift card I got from my Dad for Xmas. Didn't strap the budget and it's helping me realize this has really happened.

So I ask all the ladies out there.....When did you start wearing maternity clothes? I know they tell you "normal" women don't show 'til 4-6 months but come on! The smallest baby produced on my side of the family was a little under 9lbs, we make BIG babies!! Big babies = showing early. I was a bit over weight before I got pregnant due to my Celiac so I had a little gut to start with but it's widened and is getting firm. I feel guilty when it hangs out or is noticable. Don't get me wrong on that one. It's just hard when all my research says it's too early to show and my body says "Get out of the way, we're growing!!"

All my pre-preg jeans were in the wash the other day so all I had were maternity jeans. I throw on a pair and did my errands. They were a little big so I put a bella band on over the waist band and it worked great. I should mention that I did lose weight due to morning sickness and very healthy daily diet change.

Any thoughts on this?? When did you start wearing maternity clothes or your thoughts on the concept?

1 comment:

  1. Talked with my Mom and she started wearing maternity clothes at 10 weeks with the first one of us. I'm losing my "fat weight" in back and getting pounchy in front :)

    ReplyDelete