Background

Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Back after a fertility break

I will apologize again for being MIA, so many things have happened. I had to take a break or I was going to break down. I know my IF ladies will understand that feeling :)

We had our 3rd SA done in June. Our results for this 3rd one were definitely the best results and gave me hope until my RE's office talked with me about our options. It took my RE's office a couple weeks to get the results to me and then it took them almost 2 months to get back to me about the questions I had. At that point I lost most of my hope and I've almost given up on the whole idea of starting a family. It just doesn't feel like getting pregnant is even an option for us.


Here is what the 3rd SA was:
63 mil, 76% motility & 3% morphology.
With each SA the results went up significantly, so significantly in fact that I thought we'd be able to conceive on our own.
Chances are:
12-15% with Clomid and IUI
15-20% with injectables and IUI
60% with IVF....of course
and only 5% with timed, natural intercourse.

I’m open to insight from my fellow IF’ers. I thought the results looked good but you know how they like to push IVF. I’m not against IVF but I won’t be able to afford it for a couple years.

By a strange coincidence a got in touch with a women who is highly involved in IF matters and she was nice enough to offer support and suggest a clinic close to me that she's worked with. Phew!! It's a clinic I found helpful stats on while researching IF. When we're ready I think we'll probably be going to this clinic. The RE I have right now just wants my money and treats me like crap, I just can't trust people like that with my future.

Interesting questions for all the Moms out there........What does it feel like when the baby moves inside you? I want an actual description of what it feels like physically. I know I sound crazy but I've never had a pregnancy that went to the "feel the movement" stage and I think I'm a little scared to feel it?? Feel free to share your thoughts on this Moms, I totally appreciate it!!

Well I've got more cleaning to get to but I really appreciate everyone reading my blog and staying with me during my "crazies". Happy Monday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment