Background

Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

The beginning

This is my first attempt blogging so I'm nervous and naive in the way of blogs :) With the support of fellow blogger rkenen I was able to figure out how/where to start. So I begin my blog with the intention of stress release and the hope of gaining support....I throw my self into blogsphere :)
DH and I have been ttc for 2 years. About 5 months ago we finally decided to seek professional help. After many tests we found out we were dealing with a low sperm count, MFI. I felt a bit helpless after that. If it had been a problem with me I would have researched the heck out of it, tackled it, put a bow on it and ended the problem :) But to hear it was my DH's little swimmers, well that just threw me for a loop. It's hard to deal with a problem that isn't in someone else's body.
DH went to my acupuncturist and started taking a supplement called Tribulus. We were able to bring his testosterone up to the Normal level, first time it's ever been that high. He just recently has a 2nd SA so I'm very excited to hear if there are any improvements.
Out "whats next" RE appt is May 11th, feels like years away. At our first appt, March 29th, we were told that IVF would probably be our only option. That was one of the few times I've been struck speechless. I don't know anyone that's ever been through IVF so I thought it was just a futuristic procedure that no one ever does, I was very wrong.
However, this whole experience has created a tighter bond between us. As crappy as the situation is, I know that this will make us value our future even more. When our baby does finally show up, we'll be about as a prepared as parents can be :)
Thanks to everyone that let me spout my feelings. I know this wasn't a great first blog but my DH is out of town for the whole week and I miss him already :)


2 comments:

  1. First of all I love your blog & it was an excellent first post. I can't tell you how much I relate to what you said...when we went to the RE the absolute last thing either of us expected was for her to tell us it was MFI. We too left completely shocked & I completely understand the feelings you mentioned in your e-mail...I too felt the same way. So glad you're joining the IF blogosphere:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great first post! We also have MFI. The first time I heard that IVF was the route to take for us, I went into shock, cried, and then I went into denial. We did too many IUIs just thinking that they might work. They didn't and now IVF is coming up for us, too. Good luck and welcome!

    ReplyDelete